We are so excited to announce that we've been awarded an AmeriCorps Member – Summer Construction Volunteer Facilitator.
The Construction Volunteer Facilitator would assist the construction manager with all aspects of construction and onsite volunteer coordination of possibly 100 volunteers throughout the summer. We are planning on 2 new builds in Brainerd for 3 adults and 9 children.
- Provide support to the Construction Manager and Site Supervisor
- Assist site supervisor with preparing the site for daily construction activities
- Review plans with site supervisor to determine required materials and tools
- Communicate progress frequently with affiliate office staff
- Work on construction tasks cooperatively with volunteers and homebuyers
- Volunteer Coordination and Creating a Meaningful Volunteer Experience
- Assist in coordinating volunteers and homebuyers on the construction site
- Ensure volunteers submit all required documentation prior to volunteering onsite
- Present background information on affordable housing to volunteers
- Answer questions related to Habitat for Humanity and affordable housing
- Participate in AmeriCorps-related activities as assigned
- Attend orientation at beginning of service
- Attend AmeriCorps civic engagement retreats and team meetings
- Participate in scheduled affiliate, program and statewide AmeriCorps events
- Complete administrative responsibilities
- Check and respond to emails daily
- Submit expense reports from items purchased with Habitat credit card
In addition to the living allowance and Segal Education Award, members receive a $35/month cell phone allowance, $100 boot and tool allowance, optional health insurance, and may have access to childcare reimbursement. Additionally, members receive extensive training and professional development opportunities.
Please review the full description here.