How To Apply
Application meetings are typically held when a build is scheduled in one of our service areas of Cass, Crow Wing Hubbard and Wadena counties and the City of Staples. Applications are available at the meetings and are not available at the LAHFH office.
Application meetings are scheduled for April!
Need a home? Want to become one of our partner families? Attend a meeting to learn how to apply:
- Thursday, April 21, 6:00 p.m., Brainerd Public Library
- Saturday, April 23, 10:00 a.m., Brainerd Public Library
- Monday, April 25, 6:15 p.m., Pine River American Legion
- Tuesday, April 26, 6:15 p.m., Park Rapids C'mon Inn-
We prefer adults only attend the meetings. If you are unable to attend, call our office at 218-828-8517 to schedule a time to pick up an application before April 29.
Habitat for Humanity helps people become homeowners! Here’s how it works…
* The program accepts applications from people living in substandard housing that meet the income guidelines. We use a general guideline that is 30-50% of the median income. For example, a family of 4 should have an income between $23,150 and $38,550.
* The application is reviewed by the Family Selection Committee.
* If the guidelines are met, a home visit is set up.
* If accepted, the new “Habitat Partner Family” puts in 300 hours of labor (sweat equity) to help build a home with volunteers.
* The Family purchases the home at cost through a no interest Habitat for Humanity mortgage.
Information that must be included with the application includes:
- Income verification
- Tax returns
- A statement on the family’s need for housing
- A credit report
The selection of families will be done in a way that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, handicap, religion, marital status or because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from public assistance.