Saturday, Sept 29th, 2018 at 10am or 1pm.
Lakes Area Habitat for Humanity will be conducting application and information meetings in BRAINERD. Applications will be available at these meetings.
If you are interested and unable to come to the meeting please call
Kevin Pelkey or Tom Hice @ 218-828-8517
Lakes Area Habitat for Humanity office
1110 Wright St * Brainerd MN 56401
Habitat for Humanity helps people become homeowners! Here’s how it works…
* The program accepts applications from people living in substandard housing that meet the income guidelines. We use a general guideline that is 30-50% of the median income. For example, a family of 4 should have an income between $23,150 and $38,550.
* The application is reviewed by the Family Selection Committee.
* If the guidelines are met, a home visit is set up.
* If accepted, the new “Habitat Partner Family” puts in 300 hours of labor (sweat equity) to help build a home with volunteers.
* The Family purchases the home at cost through a no interest Habitat for Humanity mortgage.
Information that must be included with the application includes:
- Income verification
- Tax returns
- A statement on the family’s need for housing
- A credit report
The selection of families will be done in a way that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, handicap, religion, marital status or because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from public assistance.
Application meetings are typically held once a year in our service areas of Cass, Crow Wing and Hubbard counties and the City of Staples. Applications are available at the meetings and are not available at the LAHFH office.
If you want to be notified when the next application round begins, please contact Tom at 218-828-8517 or email@example.com