Community Service Volunteer
Lakes Area Habitat for Humanity (LAHFH) accepts individuals needing to complete hours of Community Service, with the following stipulations:
- The hours were not assigned to you as a consequence of a violent crime, a sexual crime, or a crime of theft. Under no circumstances does LAHFH permit individuals to serve court-assigned hours for the above convictions in any capacity- ReStore, on build service, etc.
- You must have an approved form provided by your probation officer for verification of hours completed. This must be signed by LAHFH staff- either the Volunteer Coordinator or your direct supervisor during scheduled hours.
LAHFH expects all individuals serving in a volunteer capacity to be helpful and courteous to staff, customers, and other volunteers.
No smoking allowed on ReStore premises or build site- must be done off premises.
Attendance: Days must be scheduled with the Volunteer Coordinator for at least first day, and/or with direct supervisor after that. This will ensure there is staff to supervise and provide tasks for the CS volunteer. If you are scheduled to volunteer and cannot make it in, call and inform staff. We have a “two strikes and you’re out” policy.
- The first time the CS volunteer is not present for a scheduled shift and does not notify LAHFH staff before start of shift, they will get a reminder of this policy.
- The second time there is a no show with no notification, the CS volunteer will be terminated from completing their service hours at LAHFH and their probation officer will be notified.
Anyone interested in completing their Community Service hours with LAHFH should be aware of where they may serve and hours of operation.
- Build sites operate Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m. on various sites. Your direct supervisor would be the Construction Manager.
- ReStore is available for volunteers Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. ReStore is open to the public each of those days except Monday. Your direct supervisor would be ReStore Operation staff, ReStore Assistant Manager, or a selected staff person based on assigned duties.
Please review the Community Service Volunteer Expectations.
Please complete Community Service Volunteer Form and bring, along with hour verification form, to initial interview.
If you have any questions, please reach out to:
Heidi Gould, Volunteer Coordinator