Why is The ReStore moving?
If you've been in the ReStore, you've seen the cluttered aisles and limited space. We've outgrown our current location and then some.
One of the ReStore's goals has been to ensure that every dollar you donate to Lakes Area Habitat goes directly towards our home builds.
As we expand the number of families we serve, and start new projects like the Cass Lake Initiative, that means we need to ask more of the ReStore from a financial perspective.
Moving means growth. It means serving more families. It means a safer, more shopper-friendly, and donation-friendly experience
Our Move is in Progress!
We are officially out of the Wright Street location and are underway with construction in the new location, 415 8th Avenue NE in Brainerd.
- We need more space for donations, products, and shopping
- We'd like to be more accessible and visible in the community we serve
Will the hours and days open change?
- Yes, we will be open more days and have expanded hours
Will the move hurt LAHFH financially?
- No. Selling the existing building along with a capital campaign, growth in pickups, and donations will ensure financial stability and success.
Will you still carry the same products?
- Yes and more! The new Amazon paint line is just the start of expanded products we will carry.
Will the building be more accessible?
- Yes. There will be a bigger (and safer!) parking lot, wider aisles and walking spaces inside, less congested donation and pick up spaces. It'll be safer and more accessible to all.