Why is The ReStore moving?
If you've been in the ReStore, you've seen the cluttered aisles and limited space. We've outgrown our current location and then some.
One of the ReStore's goals has been to ensure that every dollar you donate to Lakes Area Habitat goes directly towards our home builds.
As we expand the number of families we serve, and start new projects like the Cass Lake Initiative, that means we need to ask more of the ReStore from a financial perspective.
Moving means growth. It means serving more families. It means a safer, more shopper-friendly, and donation-friendly experience!
Stay tuned to this page for more details in the coming months!
We aren't moving yet! We are still located at 1110 Wright Street in Brainerd and will be through the summer.
- We need more space for donations, products, and shopping
- We'd like to be more accessible and visible in the community we serve
Will the hours and days open change?
- Yes, we will be open more days and have expanded hours
Will the move hurt LAHFH financially?
- No. Selling the existing building along with a capital campaign, growth in pickups, and donations will ensure financial stability and success.
Will you still carry the same products?
- Yes and more! The new Amazon paint line is just the start of expanded products we will carry.
Will the building be more accessible?
- Yes. There will be a bigger (and safer!) parking lot, wider aisles and walking spaces inside, less congested donation and pick up spaces. It'll be safer and more accessible to all.
We have an exciting, extra opportunity to support Lakes Area Habitat for Humanity. In order to ensure that the move doesn't detract from the dollars we use to serve families, and to create an opportunity for the community to be part of this move, we've decided to create a capital campaign and we'd like to ask you to be part of it.
Our goal for this capital campaign is $500,000 by July 31, 2023, which will be used towards the renovation of the new property. We are confident that we can raise these funds with the generous support of the community, individuals, corporations, philanthropic organizations and aligned local governments.
We'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally and ask that you call 218-454-7019 for more information on how you can help. Or, click the button below to visit our donation page. Thank you very much for your compassion for the families who urgently need stable housing and being part of this opportunity to do more.